Friday, February 7, 2014

Review of The Soul's Journey


        Inspirational and mystically insightful, The Soul’s Journey, Finding, Spiritual Messages in the Tarot by James Ricklef is rich in content and healing for the heart.  With a collection of over 300 eclectic spiritual messages, his passages lead us to look at the brighter side of life and offer a valuable means to overcome whatever trials we may be facing.   When I first opened his book I was instantly rewarded with a message that guided me to heal my heart with a practical suggestion to solve a question I had.  I was instantly hooked on James' book and knew that I wanted to keep it near me as a close companion.   With further reading it became obvious that he had made “An offering of love with no strings attached” by giving the reader a means to “transform our emotional connections” into a “Higher” calling. Maybe it’s his intermittent comments throughout his card discussions such as, “follow your bliss” and “leave behind emotional distress” and “create a beautiful life” and “finding sacred passion” that have made me fall in love with his book.
        A true wordsmith, James has created tarot interpretations that help build a strong foundation for understanding the significance of all the cards.  His spreads are suitable for beginners or advanced readers.  Although he calls them “Spreads For Spiritual Readings”, my sense is that his spreads help with any kind of problems, and that anyone who wants greater awareness will find useful messages when using them.  Truthfully, you don’t even need to practice the tarot to get great advice from his book. James claims that “The Tarot is one particular tool to help us hear the voice of the Divine,” and I agree, but I also believe that James’ book provides a positive channel to help us listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment